Amp speaker output issue, help please?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DCbass

Hello guys and thanks for taking some time to look over the thread. Well about 3 weeks ago I gave my nephew a demo and everything was just fine, until the amp suddenly went out, I looked over it and the green power light was on but still no sound, cut it off and back on and still no sound, I went to test the woofers to see of they were blown which I was 100% sure they were good but still did it, then I tried connecting them on the left channel instead of bridged and it worked, not as loud but it was playing... I unmounted the amp and opened her up and saw that right where the speaker output piece exits the amp was moving in and out when the others didnt (right channel negative) how can I go about fixing this? You can see in the pic I uploaded where the longer piece isn't where it should be, would soldering it work ok or is the amp doctor necessary for this one?

Yes it did but it looks black in between the separation, still works though you just have to press it down, and it was behind the box, about a quarter inch away

Yes it did but it looks black in between the separation, still works though you just have to press it down, and it was behind the box, about a quarter inch away
****. so when you press on it, it works? GLUE that ****** with some epoxy lol(joking). maybe you can order another and re solder her or maybe you can ust get a good root pass and the cap over it to get a good connection?

you even get any videos? i never seen that box design come to life. I'd like to see it! wish i could hear it!

****. so when you press on it, it works? GLUE that ****** with some epoxy lol(joking). maybe you can order another and re solder her or maybe you can ust get a good root pass and the cap over it to get a good connection?
you even get any videos? i never seen that box design come to life. I'd like to see it! wish i could hear it!
Man that thing is sick and I will as soon as iget this amp fixed, play it for a while then tear down to rebuild lol... What do you mean by root pass and cap?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.