Amp settings

Participant count
  • Participants list

Smurfy76

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
So I installed 4 audiopipe APMB-638SB-C. My question is should I have my amp at high pass or full? I plan on installing a second amp once I can change out the fuses on it (taramps solders on the fuses) so I will have a 400 and a 440 to power all 4 speakers. Most likely the 400 for the back and the 440 for the front. Also if it helps I do have a Clarion EQ installed as well.

Last edited:
So I installed 4 audiopipe APMB-638SB-C. My question is should I have my amp at high pass or full? I plan on installing a second amp once I can change out the fuses on it (taramps solders on the fuses) so I will have a 400 and a 440 to power all 4 speakers. Most likely the 400 for the back and the 440 for the front. Also if it helps I do have a Clarion EQ installed as well.
Ideally you'd have a variable crossover, the taramp crossovers are set at 90hz. I'd probably use HPF with that for sure and then use another HPF from the Clarion unit settings, whichever sounds the best on sweeps. Not EQ, it should be a separate option. This mostly comes down to how it sounds and what your other speakers are currently handling. If you've got a subwoofer that plays loud and crystal clear at 250hz the answer will be different than loud and muddy above 80hz. The goal is to have a crossover that transitions between frequencies without the location or volume of the noise dramatically changing. This also depends on whether you get rattling at any frequencies with them. A well deadened surround will allow lower frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...