Amp settings

Heres the numbers

The gain on my sq 1200 is much lower, and amo swap for amp swap the sq was lpuder and sounded cleaner not that much but it was noticable.

The gain knob on those amps are weird instead of 5V to 0.2, its 9V to 0.2, not gonna get much output at a hair past half. Normally its 70%
OP just do it by ear man, if it stops getting louder, back it off a few notches and you should be fine. I find that if you do it by ear, its basically the exact same place it would land on if you used a Digital multi-meter to set the gains. Used to run two of them on my hdc3 18s and had to gain match them individually many times.
OK cool I got my gain and low pass filter set. How would I set my the phase nob and sub sonic filter?

OK cool I got my gain and low pass filter set. How would I set my the phase nob and sub sonic filter?
Phase Knob should be at 0 degrees unless you are out of phase.. You can try 180 degrees to see any difference.. Go with whatever's louder or sounds better to you.. subsonic filter is determined by your box tuning.. So in your case 33 divided by 2 divided by 2 again = 33 minus 8.25 = 24.75 so you should set it to roughly 25 hz.

The gain knob on those amps are weird instead of 5V to 0.2, its 9V to 0.2, not gonna get much output at a hair past half. Normally its 70%
OP just do it by ear man, if it stops getting louder, back it off a few notches and you should be fine. I find that if you do it by ear, its basically the exact same place it would land on if you used a Digital multi-meter to set the gains. Used to run two of them on my hdc3 18s and had to gain match them individually many times.
So did you have to break your hdc's in? This is the first time mine sees any power. I've heard and read that you have to give a break in period. But I've also read that you don't have to and that's it's just something Sq says to get around warranty issues.

So did you have to break your hdc's in? This is the first time mine sees any power. I've heard and read that you have to give a break in period. But I've also read that you don't have to and that's it's just something Sq says to get around warranty issues.
that hifonics at full power will be the break in period. Youll realize how much power the sub can actually take when you bump it. Itll get loud, but it wont be full potential.

My 18s didnt get warm at all after a full hour drive at full blast when i had two 2400.1s one on each of them.

that hifonics at full power will be the break in period. Youll realize how much power the sub can actually take when you bump it. Itll get loud, but it wont be full potential.
My 18s didnt get warm at all after a full hour drive at full blast when i had two 2400.1s one on each of them.
Alright cool. But yeah cause for me to get any bass out of the sub I have to have the gain a little past 3/4 or its nothing at all. And I was just worried to bump it like that and mess it up or something you know. This sub will be going into my escalade with a aq2200 in the next few months. And my brx will be on a couple sa-12s in my civic. My girlfriend picked this brx cheap af and was just a month old so yeah lol

And is it alright if I have my bass eq nob up a little? Cause with it down it doesn't really hit like at all really

Alright cool. But yeah cause for me to get any bass out of the sub I have to have the gain a little past 3/4 or its nothing at all. And I was just worried to bump it like that and mess it up or something you know. This sub will be going into my escalade with a aq2200 in the next few months. And my brx will be on a couple sa-12s in my civic. My girlfriend picked this brx cheap af and was just a month old so yeah lol
And is it alright if I have my bass eq nob up a little? Cause with it down it doesn't really hit like at all really
Head unit settings. Sub level max, eq off bass boost off, volume at 85% of max. Reset gains again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.