Amp settings

Hey guys. I just finished up my new box for my new Sq hdc3 12. Has the carbon fiber dust cap. The box is 3 cubic feet net at 33 hz. And my girlfriend just got me a new hifonics brx 2400. I was trying to find the output power of my kenwood kdc 162u to set my gains. I was told that's the best way to do it if I don't have a dmm. But I can seem to find the output power of it. Usually I get my amp setting done at the closest car audio shop but it's in a town an hour away so yeah. And I want to learn how to do it myself. I'd really appreciate any input from anyone out there. Thanks I'm advance.

2.5 volts is the RCA output. Not sure exactly what you're asking though. In order to set your gains to match your head unit you're gonna have to guesstimate the level or use a dmm. The amp goes from.2 to 9v.

2.5 volts is the RCA output. Not sure exactly what you're asking though. In order to set your gains to match your head unit you're gonna have to guesstimate the level or use a dmm. The amp goes from.2 to 9v.
Well I do have access to a dmm. But Im honestly not sure how to use it to set the gain. I've used one to see the voltage on like my battery but don't know how to set gains with it. You think you can explain how? I'd really appreciate it

He cant use a DMM on this amp, you have no idea what it makes power wise. With 2.5v preouts and your amp. Turn volume to 75% and set gain just a hair past half, leave all boost off. If you are on stock electrical, alternator and battery 1/2 might be more than the car can handle. Back it off until voltage is stable and lights are not dimming, car is not try to cut itself off.

He cant use a DMM on this amp, you have no idea what it makes power wise. With 2.5v preouts and your amp. Turn volume to 75% and set gain just a hair past half, leave all boost off. If you are on stock electrical, alternator and battery 1/2 might be more than the car can handle. Back it off until voltage is stable and lights are not dimming, car is not try to cut itself off.
It's in a 99 Civic ex. Stock alternator. I will be upgrading to a 160 amp. But has a new battery up front and have a second one I'm gonna install tomorrow. Once I have the amp set how you said should I use a dmm up in the battery in the front or back to see my voltage?

Dude wtf are you talking about? Every single person doesn't clamp their amp to set the gain it's a close guess if it needs to be perfect people use a fkin scope.

Power Specifications - Subwoofer Channel

RMS Power @ 4 ohms

850 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 2 ohms

1600 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 1 ohm

2400 watts x 1 channels

Dude wtf are you talking about? Every single person doesn't clamp their amp to set the gain it's a close guess if it needs to be perfect people use a fkin scope.

RMS Power @ 4 ohms

850 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 2 ohms

1600 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 1 ohm

2400 watts x 1 channels
It's not that I need for it to be perfect. I just want it set right so I don't ruin my sub

RMS Power @ 4 ohms

850 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 2 ohms

1600 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 1 ohm

2400 watts x 1 channels
If he sets voltage for 2400 watts it's going to smoke the woofers.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

It's in a 99 Civic ex. Stock alternator. I will be upgrading to a 160 amp. But has a new battery up front and have a second one I'm gonna install tomorrow. Once I have the amp set how you said should I use a dmm up in the battery in the front or back to see my voltage?
Voltage at the amp. Play normal music at your normal volume. Back the gain down till it's stable over 13v.

The gain knob on those amps are weird instead of 5V to 0.2, its 9V to 0.2, not gonna get much output at a hair past half. Normally its 70%

OP just do it by ear man, if it stops getting louder, back it off a few notches and you should be fine. I find that if you do it by ear, its basically the exact same place it would land on if you used a Digital multi-meter to set the gains. Used to run two of them on my hdc3 18s and had to gain match them individually many times.

I would say back since it's closer to your amp but either one works.

Yup the hifonics gains are stupid to get my desired voltage at 2 ohms i had to set it to a hair past 3/4gain and that was only 700w @2 ohms. I set it to that assuming the hifonics can do 700 cleanly didnt Trust the 900@2

We do know what it does though its the amp they did the comparison on;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.