AMP settings for my SX 15"

Loudrango112
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
New York
OK QUESTION!!!!!

I just got my amp in and my sub should be here in litterally 1-2 days.... NOW what do you guys recomend my amp to be set at AFTER I BREAK MY SUB IN?

here is a pic of it if you need a reference...

bx1000dpic5.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif well its about the sub also and amp just both...

The bass EQ can be turned most of the way up I think,

Depending on how loud you want your subs to be.

I have mine a little over three quarters of the way, but I've heard other people who have that amp who run it at 100%.

I have a BX1000D...

The bass EQ can be turned most of the way up I think,Depending on how loud you want your subs to be.

I have mine a little over three quarters of the way, but I've heard other people who have that amp who run it at 100%.

I have a BX1000D...
I've read on this forum that turning up the bass EQ all the way can actually hurt your sub. It gives it that "boomy" sound and stresses it.

I have to have mine up most of the way b/c of the factory amp though.

alright disregard everything that has been said so far cuz it is ridiculous.

To tune and amp....

1. Tune HU setting how u like them and how u would listen to them.

2. Make sure gain and bass boost is all the way down.

3. Turn the volume up on ur HU as high as u would listen to it

4. Start turning up the gain until u hear the subs distort or when u know its too much and theyr not getting any louder and turn it back down a tiny bit.

5. Set ur Xover (LowPass for subwoofers High Pass for Mids) how u like it generally 80-160hz for mids/highs and 90-120hz for subwoofers.. Only use ONE LPF and ONE HPF, whether it be the head unit, external, or internal amp one, only use one.

set ur low pass before u do ur gain though. then mess with it to ur liking after the gain a little more.

Awsome you guys are the best.... my sub should be here today so Ill break it in and then get my amp all setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.