Amp(s) for 12 inch warden

Face of Fear
10+ year member

The Beard
Iowa
Im aiming for roughly 3k+rms to run this warden. I am at the point where I can either go with one big amp or 2 1500-2k amps. The sub is a dual 2(1.4 ohm dual coil). Does anyone see any issues with running 2 matching 1ohm amps at each coil?

Im aiming for roughly 3k+rms to run this warden. I am at the point where I can either go with one big amp or 2 1500-2k amps. The sub is a dual 2(1.4 ohm dual coil). Does anyone see any issues with running 2 matching 1ohm amps at each coil?
Are you asking for amp suggestions? Or if it's just fine to run 1 amp per coil? If you strap your 2 amps, you will be fine; there's nothing wrong with running a pair of strapped amplifiers to a single subwoofer.

i ran an amp per coil on my 15. it will work and sound nice. just make sure to feed a straight mono signal to each amp and gain match them with a DMM.
Forgot about that; this will work as well if your two amps aren't strapable. If they are, it would be easier to just strap them.

I dont have access to a DMM. The best i can do is just match 2 amps together as close as i can. What are the recomendations for the 2 amps?

Here is what I posted in reply to someone else's thread:

1500 - 2000w and $350 per piece?
Pair of:

Sundown SAZ-1500.1D's, used

Audioque AQ1200D's

Audioque AQ2200D's, used

MBQuart DSC1500.1D's

MBQuart DSC2000.1D's

Audiopipe AP15001D's

Or you could just get a single:

Sundown SAZ-3000D/SAZ-3500D

Audioque AQ3500D.1

Crescendo 3KWP

Crunch GP3000D

Audiopipe AP30001D

I hope you have the electrical to back it up. The single amp route would be my choice - there are a ton of 3000-4000w amps for sale RIGHT at your price point over at CACO. In fact, there's a SAZ-3000D for sale for $525 SHIPPED right now, and an AQ3500D.1 for $600 SHIPPED! Both of which are CHEAPER than your $700 price limit for the amps.
The problem is that your sub is dual 2, so you can count out strapping some of those ~1500w amps. The AQ and Sundown, I believe, will be able to work fine strapped on a 1ohm load, but I don't know about the MBQuart or Audiopipe (since they'd technically be at .5ohm a piece).

And I don't know if those amps on CACO are still available, you'd have to go take a look since this post was originally from a few days ago.

The things in bold would be my choice, with the Crescendo 3KWP being #1. However, they are currently out of stock, and won't have any more until the end of auguest I believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.