Amp repair

Well he DM'ed me I responded, haven't heard any thing else, been a couple days now I'll try to contact him again

It cuts on(lights up) but no sound comes out...

dB-R is good, Zedaudio is good, and Ampmedics is good. I don't know if any of them will do that RF amp. I was asking around about my friend's 4K and nobody would touch it, I guess when those self destruct they pretty much need re-board so they have to go back to Rockford. If the 2K is similar it may be the same story.

Also, don't expect the guys who are good to get done any time soon. Steve at Ampmedics is burried in repairs and I know Stephen Mantz has other projects besides repairs and I'm sure dB-R is in the same boat... up to his neck in work with SBN coming up.

dB-R is good, Zedaudio is good, and Ampmedics is good. I don't know if any of them will do that RF amp. I was asking around about my friend's 4K and nobody would touch it, I guess when those self destruct they pretty much need re-board so they have to go back to Rockford. If the 2K is similar it may be the same story.
Also, don't expect the guys who are good to get done any time soon. Steve at Ampmedics is burried in repairs and I know Stephen Mantz has other projects besides repairs and I'm sure dB-R is in the same boat... up to his neck in work with SBN coming up.
they are uried because they are good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i know db-r almost exclusively touches zenon type boards now. steve i know has fixed a bunch of fosgates but they take a little more work and many times if he is swamped he wont take it on. depends. I have been to steves repair shop and the last couple times i have gone he has piles of amps to be repaired

they are uried because they are good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i know db-r almost exclusively touches zenon type boards now. steve i know has fixed a bunch of fosgates but they take a little more work and many times if he is swamped he wont take it on. depends. I have been to steves repair shop and the last couple times i have gone he has piles of amps to be repaired
I had lunch with Steve last week on my way down to the airport in Tampa. He said he was deep in 7K amps that need fixing for SBN.

ampjunkie does good work

ive had a few amps worked on by steve at amp medics. he's amazing. not only will he fix the issue but he'll fortify things to make the amp more durable. such as giving space between caps or other clusters of stuff that produce heat, adding foam or silicone to places that are prone to vibration issues, using better quality tape or paste than what was in before, better reinforcment of joints there were perviously held in by a stock zip tie or screw....oh ya these things happen even on decent amps. I was shocked to see my us amps ax3200de had some + and - coil leads REALLY close to each other and the whole part was held in place by only a zip tie directly to the board...making it prone to the part rubbing through the board and causing further damage.... Steve added space to the leads and silicone to ensure vibrations didnt fry, and added little pieces of foam to keep the coil from rubbing the board.... little things like that keep me coming when in need. his prices are also very reasonable for the level of work done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.