Amp repair question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Falcons
5,000+ posts

that **** i dont like

I'm getting into amp repair. Found these blown. Are they resistors? They say 68r on them, which I can figure to be the resistance rating. Another question, is the board itself shot being all black around them and on the board itself?

I hate to be the bad guy, but if you dont know what those components are, your in the wrong field.

I get it. some people have held a soldering iron, made a simple repair and had success. Amp repair is a different story unfortunately.

If your still interested, this is the best help i can give:

I hate to be the bad guy, but if you dont know what those components are, your in the wrong field.

I get it. some people have held a soldering iron, made a simple repair and had success. Amp repair is a different story unfortunately.

If your still interested, this is the best help i can give:

So you gonna tell me I was in the wrong field when I got into car audio at 17 and self taught myself over the next 10 years to get to where I'm at now? I'm learning something new and looking for advice. Everyone has to start somewhere and I was asking a question.

no. i did not say that. i even gave you a super dumbed down link to help get your head around how an amplifier works.

You are in the wrong field of AMPLIFIER REPAIR as you are asking what simple resistor/capacitor circuit components are. This post belongs in AAC. ( all about circuits. com; im a member there)

I have been in this hobby since i was 16! 22 yrs ago. so there i got you beat!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.