Amp repair question

Falcons

that **** i dont like
5,000+ posts
Jan 31, 2011
Albion, New York, United States

I'm getting into amp repair. Found these blown. Are they resistors? They say 68r on them, which I can figure to be the resistance rating. Another question, is the board itself shot being all black around them and on the board itself?

poolman966554

Senior VIP Member
Mar 5, 2015
PA
I hate to be the bad guy, but if you dont know what those components are, your in the wrong field.

I get it. some people have held a soldering iron, made a simple repair and had success. Amp repair is a different story unfortunately.

If your still interested, this is the best help i can give:

Falcons

that **** i dont like
5,000+ posts
Jan 31, 2011
Albion, New York, United States
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hate to be the bad guy, but if you dont know what those components are, your in the wrong field.

I get it. some people have held a soldering iron, made a simple repair and had success. Amp repair is a different story unfortunately.

If your still interested, this is the best help i can give:
So you gonna tell me I was in the wrong field when I got into car audio at 17 and self taught myself over the next 10 years to get to where I'm at now? I'm learning something new and looking for advice. Everyone has to start somewhere and I was asking a question.

poolman966554

Senior VIP Member
Mar 5, 2015
PA
no. i did not say that. i even gave you a super dumbed down link to help get your head around how an amplifier works.

You are in the wrong field of AMPLIFIER REPAIR as you are asking what simple resistor/capacitor circuit components are. This post belongs in AAC. ( all about circuits. com; im a member there)

I have been in this hobby since i was 16! 22 yrs ago. so there i got you beat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds