amp recommendations?

loudsts
10+ year member

alright i am trying to buy my brother a system for his new car. i have just purchased 2 12" alpine type S in a ported box. i am wondering what would be the best amp to purchase that is reasonably cheap and will make them speakers pound.

i prefer jl audio, ma audio, rockford, phoenix gold..

will consider others as well.. just looking for some guidance.

probally want to stay under 200$ for an amp. weather new or used i can find some new used amps in my area, but prefer new. the subs i bought are used from my buddy not to sure what the coil configurations are?

go snag up a fusion 2000.1. there is a guy selling them in the classifieds just run a search. He wont be disappointed:D I love mine:D!

I think those subs are rated to handle 300 rms each so I'd look for an amp rated at 800-1k rms at 1 ohm and wire the subs vc's in parallel and then parallel to the amp. Check for a used kicker or new hifonics.

ahhh this is driving me nutss.... i dont know what to get him i just want it to be prefect. and i prefer to stick with name brands i know other than something ive never heard of.. you know what i mean?

rockford, jl audio, ma audio, phoenix gold, ... something more advice plz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.