2500-3000 watt amp recommendations

HinkDawg

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ohio
I'm wanting to upgrade from my sundown SAZ 1500D. I am running 2 12 Icons and they are slamming but only getting about 700 watts per. Looking to push them harder. Any recommendations on quality amps? 2500-3000 watts preferably. Looking to spend up to $500.

I've heard too much about crescendo hitting thermal fairly regularly 🙈

If you got the electrical to keep your voltage up taramps smart 3 is great for the money...ct sounds have a couple amps in that power range and they're solid amps as well...nvx is another good one on the budget side...ruthless is solid as well...

Last edited:
I've heard too much about crescendo hitting thermal fairly regularly 🙈

If you got the electrical to keep your voltage up taramps smart 3 is great for the money...ct sounds have a couple amps in that power range and they're solid amps as well...nvx is another good one on the budget side...ruthless is solid as well...
Never had a problem with mine lol.

Not too mention the JP amplifiers have issues with the boards it seems and the customer service *****.

Orion XTR 3500 if you have the electrical, Orion HCCA 3000.1 is another good one. The Cab-45 is a good one and the Cab-22 is around 280 bucks if they have them in stock and does around 2,200-2,400. Otherwise the Taramps 3k Smart is a budget one but doesn't come with a bass knob but they do sell one now. Yep Ruthless is Korean and do rated.

Last edited:
No need to upgrade subwoofers. Those are 1200 watt rms subs.

Also no one said anything to anyone about recommendations *******. Someone is reading a little to much into something.

Been a couple threads about those d4s amplifiers having board issues here and a few other forums and what not. No one amplifier company is 100%. Every company will have some bad units. But seems like those jp units have had a lot of issues that is more then normal. And if you have one with a bluetooth setup in it and that goes, it takes out the board as well. Been threads on that across the forums.

Orion customer service ***** as well. Customer service as a whole across the industry isn't anywhere near what it used to be.

My electrical is upgraded nicely. 2 XS D5100 batteries. Big 3 and a 270 amp alt. That CT Sounds amp...ATv2-2300.1d... looks like a nice one!! Comes with a bass knob and it shows the volts. Nice little add on with the volt meter. I checked out orion and most of their stuff is discontinued. I just had a problem with a jp84 amp maybe it was me not hooking things up correctly (which i triple checked my wires and when i hooked up my buddies amp it worked perfectly fine) or me not fully understanding how to tune a 4 channel amp but i had to get rid of it.

No need to upgrade subwoofers. Those are 1200 watt rms subs.

Also no one said anything to anyone about recommendations *******. Someone is reading a little to much into something.

Been a couple threads about those d4s amplifiers having board issues here and a few other forums and what not. No one amplifier company is 100%. Every company will have some bad units. But seems like those jp units have had a lot of issues that is more then normal. And if you have one with a bluetooth setup in it and that goes, it takes out the board as well. Been threads on that across the forums.

Orion customer service ***** as well. Customer service as a whole across the industry isn't anywhere near what it used to be.
Coolhand is the one who helped me get my 2 SSA icons and they slam with only 700 watts going to them. I want to push them around 1100 or 1200 watts to see what they really can do. Much respect to coolhand and thanks for helping me!!!

Coolhand is the one who helped me get my 2 SSA icons and they slam with only 700 watts going to them. I want to push them around 1100 or 1200 watts to see what they really can do. Much respect to coolhand and thanks for helping me!!!
My saz sounded much much stronger than 1500w, although i was wired below 1 ohm, it comes alive around .67 lol

My electrical is upgraded nicely. 2 XS D5100 batteries. Big 3 and a 270 amp alt. That CT Sounds amp...ATv2-2300.1d... looks like a nice one!! Comes with a bass knob and it shows the volts. Nice little add on with the volt meter. I checked out orion and most of their stuff is discontinued. I just had a problem with a jp84 amp maybe it was me not hooking things up correctly (which i triple checked my wires and when i hooked up my buddies amp it worked perfectly fine) or me not fully understanding how to tune a 4 channel amp but i had to get rid of it.

The CT Sounds 150.4 I have been running hasnt given me any issues or problems at all. Its been a great 4ch amp for the money.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...