Amp Recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

itslinx

I think i've finally decided which speakers and sub I want to get. Now I just need some good amp recommendations. I want stuff that's gonna give me a good amount of bass (not extreme) and some speakers/tweeters that'll sound better than the factory ones in my car now. I pretty much know nothing about car audio and i'm really looking forward to getting this going sooner than later.

So, for speakers/tweeters i'm leaning towards..

Boston Acoustics SX60

6-1/2" component speaker system. For 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings.

-

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=sx60&i=065SX60

-------------------------------------------------------

For a sub, i'm leaning towards..

Kicker TS10L52

Ported truck-style box with one 10" L5 Solobaric subwoofer.

-

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=Kicker+TS10L52&i=2066TS10L5

If you'd like to recommend a better sub (also with enclosure), be my guest.

--------------------------------------------------------

I've read/heard good things about that Kicker. It doesn't take up much room.. which is a plus. Plus it already comes in an enclosure.. which is also a huge plus.

So basically I need an amp for the speakers and an amp for the kicker that will be in the trunk. I'm looking to spend really not more than $250 a piece on each amp (or $500 together). If I can get something good/great for a better price than $250, that's great. If not, $250 is fine. Some good recommendations would be much appreciated. If possible, tell me why the amp you're recommending is a good choice for the products I chose. I'm basically just looking for an all around good setup is all. And for the record, i'm keeping the factory head unit in my 2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT.

* For the front Boston Acoustic speakers, I was thinking maybe the Cadence TXA-3002 amp. Good/bad idea?

* For the enclosed sub, I was thinking maybe the Phoenix Gold Xenon X600.1 amp. Good/bad idea?

Like I said, i'm trying to spend no more than $500 for 2 amps.

Thanks in advance.

Replace the factory head unit, why keep it?
Cause it looks perfect in the car. Plus I have onstar. XM radio and all that. It's nice, plays mp3s, has an aux mp3 player input jack. I don't have the $ to get a new headunit and all this other **** right now anyway. Cause if I do get one, I know it's gonna be atleast $500. Maybe that can come later.

For the record, i'm not definitely buying from crutchfield. They were just the website I was looking at, that's all.

a little high on the prices tho.....
but if you plan on keeping factory hu then def look into a line driver, cleansweep, 360, etc.....you will be much happier in the end
Explain to me what that stuff is and what it does please?

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.