Amp Recommendations For Rockford Fosgate Power Series Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

_TypeZero_

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all! So I'm gonna be upgrading the audio system in my '08 chevy cobalt and have decided that I will be going with the Alpine iLX-W650 head unit and the Rockford Fosgate T1675-S speakers. Only thing left to choose is a good amp for this setup. I was thinking of getting the Alpine W650/KTA-450 HU amp combo but I'm pretty sure that won't be enough power as the speakers are 10-100 RMS. I'm also considering the Soundstream Stealth ST4.1000D since that's 90 watts x 4.

Essentially what I'm looking for is a good 4 channel amp at an affordable price that will help me get the most out of these speakers.

Thanks in advance!

Stay away from Soundstream complete junk now on the level of Boss and Pyle. Pioneer does what it claims and more in dyno testing. Always better to have a little bit more power available then not enough.

Pioneer GM-D8704 or the newer version Pioneer GM-D9704 but that one is hard to find. Both are period since so many people use them these days.

Good thing I asked before buying lol

Would it be okay to run the new speakers purely off of the head unit for a few weeks till I get the amp or would I be better off just waiting and installing everything at once? I ask cause sadly the car's only running on the 2 rears most of the time at the moment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.