AMP recommendation

If your gonna go and pay jl price the 500/1 Is very nice, an alternative that I am running on my 13tw5-3 Is the alpine pdr-m65. Really.it comes down to how.much power you feel you need. A single 8 prolly isn't going to be enough in that large cab but that's just my opinion a single 10 in which I'd recommend the 10w6 over the 10w7 will have a good bit more output

If your gonna go and pay jl price the 500/1 Is very nice, an alternative that I am running on my 13tw5-3 Is the alpine pdr-m65. Really.it comes down to how.much power you feel you need. A single 8 prolly isn't going to be enough in that large cab but that's just my opinion a single 10 in which I'd recommend the 10w6 over the 10w7 will have a good bit more output
A single 8 in a good ported enclosure and with enough power should fill that cabin area just fine. Now there are those who like a little bass and others like a lot of bass. Just depends what the OP is after/wanting.

JL 500 or 750 amp. Been seeing a lot of these or similar on CL. Might wanna look on it too in your area. And save ya some $$.

If I was allowed to spend that money I would go with the Incriminator amplifier above. I could be mistaken but I believe that none of the JL amplifiers in your price range are 1 ohm stable. JL stuff does perform well but it’s so overpriced compared to the less known underground but proven brands with similar features and quality.

I like my Zapco ST-1KDM recommendation as posted earlier. It keeps you way under budget and is a strong contender in this thread. But as "Los" says "For $750 and the power you need you can have any amp worth having." So, if you need as amp with more "extreme engineering", I"d recommend the MMats M1000.2. I like MMats because a lot of their amps are made in Florida (including the M1000.2) and are usually very conservative in their ratings.

A single 8 in a good ported enclosure and with enough power should fill that cabin area just fine. Now there are those who like a little bass and others like a lot of bass. Just depends what the OP is after/wanting.
Most people i see eith small 8 inch sib systems are disappoint rather fast. Albeit most are not in the best enclosure either. But if you have the space a 10 is just a much more safe bet

Most people i see eith small 8 inch sib systems are disappoint rather fast. Albeit most are not in the best enclosure either. But if you have the space a 10 is just a much more safe bet
Give me a high output 8" sub, a good enclosure design, and a powerful amp, say 1k, and I'll put it in a Suburban lol.

That single 8 I have in a t-line I was testing it in my Tahoe...and surprisingly it had quite a lot of bass being a single small sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.