Amp recommendation for 2 12W3D2

I Say Neither, Unless U Got Money To Waste, If So Get The 500.1 .... Otherwise Inest In Something That Has A Rms Of About 750-1000 Watts @ 2ohms.

limitkid- are you only running 750 watts to that W7? wtf? puch that bastard.

as I said in another thread similar, a PPI PC 2150, if you can find one, would do a great job. other than that do like limitkid said and find a strong amp at 2 ohms without the high JL price tag.way over priced.

limitkid- I was just saying that cause in your sig it looks like you are only running 750 rms. or is that what the sub just says it can handle?

getting a 13W7 friday huh? what are you going to do with that 12? for sale?

RF 501BD, they are on sale at ultimate electronics for $400, so i bet they are fairly cheap online.

the 500/1 from JL should be sufficient also, but a new amp that caught my attention is the diamond audio d3 series amps. they have a 600 watt monoblock (i believe its 2 ohm stable) for $319 RETAIL. my diamond audio statements are a little bias //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but i feel that they have great products, $300 for a 600watt monoblock from them is quite nice.

how do you like your Hex components??? I just put some in my car, and I like them but I think I may have my amp or HU configured wrong. They are loud as **** but the midbass is not as much as I anticipated. I think I may have my crossover/eq/time correction on my HU set up wrong.

limitkid- I was just saying that cause in your sig it looks like you are only running 750 rms. or is that what the sub just says it can handle?
getting a 13W7 friday huh? what are you going to do with that 12? for sale?
750 is rms of the sub so that is what i put.... i'm giving it more.....

yes 13w7 in this friday ported, installed and bustin a$$.....

my 12 will be given back to the store w/a thank you very much for my 13w7

how do you like your Hex components??? I just put some in my car, and I like them but I think I may have my amp or HU configured wrong. They are loud as **** but the midbass is not as much as I anticipated. I think I may have my crossover/eq/time correction on my HU set up wrong.
i love my HEX's, i'm running them off a D7152 (150 x 2) and i have no complaints as far as midbass goes. i have my midbass's in the doors and i have my doors dynamated. quite honestly, at times, i feel that the midbass is good enough to not warrant a sub (like in the mornings when i dont want loud music). right now i have my sub out of my car since i'm working on a new amp rack and i dont miss the sub.

i say you dynamat (sound deaden) a little, see if that works. you might also want to make sure your tweeter attenuation on the crossovers are set to 0 or -2, because they might be on +2 and will be louder than your mids, making it appear that you are lacking midbass.

also, make sure your high pass filter on your amp is set a little low, mine is really low (50 hz i think) and the HEX's can handle it, i wouldnt go any higher than 70hz on them, that can be a reason why you lack some bass.

ahhh no bueano. given back to the store. must be some nice folks at that store. No place around me would do some stuff like that.

of course for the past few years all the stores I have had to deal with are in it just for the money. They act like they want the best for the customer, and want to give a good deal but you could get a better deal from the dealer them self.

gotta be able to talk good stuff and act like you're serious..... i guess b/c there's a lot of kids in highschool that go to these shops after school that they think i'm serious b/c i'm all dressed up in my work clothes,lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.