Amp reccomendation for Infinity 1262 Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
As an experienced installed, i would go with a rockford fosgate prime 1200watt amp and wire at 1 ohm.

The amp is about 220$ but fosgate is, if you ask me, the greatest amp company there is. If you can afford a bit more then i would advise possibly going up to a punch 1000watt.

But as long as you aim for around 1000watts (which is plenty for these subs) go with any of the following amp companies:

Rockford fosgate

Crescendo

Sundown

Kicker

Jbl

Skar

Dc

AND STAY AWAY FROM

hifonics

Boss

RE

Kenwood

Pioneer

Soundstorm

Alpine

*A few of those are ok but the companies i listed up top are the best, if you are gonna spend your money then spend it right and make sure to use at leaste 4 guage wire*

As an experienced installed, i would go with a rockford fosgate prime 1200watt amp and wire at 1 ohm.
The amp is about 220$ but fosgate is, if you ask me, the greatest amp company there is. If you can afford a bit more then i would advise possibly going up to a punch 1000watt.

But as long as you aim for around 1000watts (which is plenty for these subs) go with any of the following amp companies:

Rockford fosgate

Crescendo

Sundown

Kicker

Jbl

Skar

Dc

AND STAY AWAY FROM

hifonics

Boss

RE

Kenwood

Pioneer

Soundstorm

Alpine

*A few of those are ok but the companies i listed up top are the best, if you are gonna spend your money then spend it right and make sure to use at leaste 4 guage wire*
I'm going to go with the single 4 ohm coils, so I can wire to 2 ohm final, that way I don't need to buy a new amp to be 1 ohm stable and I can be more efficient with my electrical.

But RE, Kenwood, Pioneer and Alpine all have pretty decent equipment, just pricey.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.