amp cut out to 10% power and now the subs just hum even with the RCAs disconnected

Participant count
  • Participant list

panfishpro

MI
hi I have a question about my system that I'm very puzzled about. I was bumping one day and all of a sudden my amp cut power to like 10% of its output and just makes the subs hum almost like some really bad distortion is happening. I removed the RCAs and am still having the problem. I also replaced the RCAs and the problem continues be it they are plugged in or not. any help is greatly appreciated. my system is 2 db drive wdx 2k 12 inch subs on a 2000 watt powerbass mono block. all my equipment is less than 3 months old. any feedback is greatly appreciated

hi I have a question about my system that I'm very puzzled about. I was bumping one day and all of a sudden my amp cut power to like 10% of its output and just makes the subs hum almost like some really bad distortion is happening. I removed the RCAs and am still having the problem. I also replaced the RCAs and the problem continues be it they are plugged in or not. any help is greatly appreciated. my system is 2 db drive wdx 2k 12 inch subs on a 2000 watt powerbass mono block. all my equipment is less than 3 months old. any feedback is greatly appreciated
Return the amp.

well I was wondering what I could be I am planning on returning it and upgrading but just for the sake of knowledge what could have caused this

the side closer to the amp of the fuse was melted. not sure what could have caused this but now I have all my power back because I replaced the fuse but now it only works with one RCA plugged in it doesn't matter which one but as soon as you plug both RCA cables in the amp totally cuts out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.