Amp rack help

Participant count
  • Participant list

IndySlim

CoolAssDude
Omaha NE
I am not super new to car audio but I am definitely new to any form of fabrication.
I also dont know why my words were underlined but who cares. I have become cemented in the fact that I want to build and amp rack. I noticed on Steve Meade's YouTube this very cool amp rack style that he has that seems easy to build 1st problem, no tools for cutting wood nor the experience and skill to but I do follow directions extremely well.
2nd thing is not really a problem but just a factor. Theres a local lumber company that will cut all the pieces for me the only problem is measurements. Steve doesn't offer any on the video and I'm not familiar enough with woodworking to guess so if anyone on here is familiar with the Video that I'm speaking of it's a 3 amp set up with the middle amp floating and its and an enclosed rack with three fans on the right and left ends for ventilation I have a 17 cubic foot trunk pretty big ,2 jl audio 500/1 slash v1 that I want on the ends and a alpine R-A60F as the middle floating amp can one of you guys lend me some assistance on the schematics that I need to take to the lumberyard guys

Fabrication by definition alludes to very specific needs/application.
I agree with Kush... Heck... mastering tool useage is a learned process.

I've made a few..
Those are nice. I'm guessing I wasnt clear enough on what I was asking. Basically I'm using 2 jl 500/1 slash v1 amps and one alpine R-A60F for my interiors. I understand the measuring of length across the trunk and measuring the height of the trunk. I was wondering what thickness of wood to use and based on the ones I saw online I never saw where the power blocks and ground blocks were placed when the racks were built and installed. Those videos never show them actually wiring up the amp. Just before and after visuals. The racks i saw where either in a truck or the installer used the spare tire area. I dont have that luxury cause I need to keep my spare tire area. So do i mount the blocks to the rack and drill holes in the rack to run the wire also
Fabrication by definition alludes to very specific needs/application.
I agree with Kush... Heck... mastering tool useage is a learned process.
Well theres a local woodworking store here and I didnt want to go there not knowing what I needed. The rack style that I was speaking about was built by Steve Meade. I guess i assumed that it was a well known design. I guess I'll just got there and show them the video and go from there.

There's lots of stuff that Meade built, including amp racks. Post up a vid of which particular one. Btw, you will struggle if your unable to figure simple things out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.