Amp Questions

You can ut two subs on a mono channel amplifier.

Most amps are 2-ohm stable, meaning you can hook up 2-4ohm+ speakers in paralell or two 1ohm+ speakers in series.

Depends on the impedance.

If you hook subs up of the same impedance they will get the same power eg. 2-4ohm speakers.

If the Subs are of deifferent impedances, say 1-2ohm and 1-4ohm then the 2-ohm will get more power than the 4-ohm

lets say i gotta JBL 1200.1 amplifier and two 600 watt RMS subs, the RMS output of the 1200.1 amplifier says only 600 watts so if i had two it would only be giving each sub 300 watts of continuous power? Would that damage the speakers?

Take your 2 subs parallel the wires and hook it to your amp. If your subs are 4 ohms, your amp will see a 2ohm load a send the same amount of power to each sub.

No running 1/2 power to the subs won't damage them. But make absolutely sure you set your gain properly. If you boost the gain to make up for the lack of power then you will blow your subs

BTW using the scenario that you posted ,if your subs are 4 ohm and wired parallel so that the amps sees 2 Ohm then the amp will put out 1200 watts RMS power meaning each sub will get 600 watts RMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.