Alternator/amp/battery questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ajf23

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ohio
Hey guys, tax seasons coming up super fast which means we’re all upgrading our systems one way or another (most of us anyway)
I’m sorry if this topic is beaten to death already, but I couldn’t find anything close enough to be satisfied with the answer
So I’m wondering, I am ditching my sundown audio sa15s for a pair of skar audio vfx15s, swapping taramps 3k out for a smart 5k, adding an amp for the mids (haven’t decided yet but absolutely no more than 800 watts)
Right now on stock alternator(200 amps) xs power d6400(?), and big 3 if I let it voltage drops to lower 10s. (I don’t let it don’t worry)
I’m moving the system out of my pooper trooper crown Vic into a Chevy traverse, so I’m losing the dual alternator option. I’m looking into a 400 amp alternator, and replacing the factory battery with the same d6400. While I’m working on this I just wanted some opinions on whether or not this will be sufficient for a taramps smart 5k. I can add a second d6400 if absolutely necessary but don’t want to spend more than I have too.
Any insight is appreciated, and I thank you for your time.

So you're downgrading from Sundown to Skar, and you're downgrading from Ford to Chevy?

Add a lithium battery before you upgrade your alternator. I was surprised at what a difference it made in my vehicle.

Trust me if money wasn’t a problem it would be 4 sundown x15s on 2 taramps smart 5ks in a 23 expedition,
But ya know😂
Will it be a problem mixing my agm battery with a lithium battery? I’ve heard you shouldn’t but honestly haven’t done the research.

Trust me if money wasn’t a problem it would be 4 sundown x15s on 2 taramps smart 5ks in a 23 expedition,
But ya know😂
Will it be a problem mixing my agm battery with a lithium battery? I’ve heard you shouldn’t but honestly haven’t done the research.
From what I've read, LiFePO4 works with lead acid, LTO does not. I have only personally tried LiFePO4. I personally can't justify the extra hassle of LTO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...