Amp question!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

sexyswede
10+ year member

If i hook up 4 coaxial speakers to a 2 channel amp,

and run two speakers off of each channel,

then i'd get a 2 ohm load on each channel, correct?

Do the "channels" have anything to do with the left/right imaging you get in music? or is it just two outputs of power?

Cause i want to run my front speakers and my back speakers off of a 2 channel amp. I can do this, right?

What are a good pair of full range speakers for my back seats anyways?

and i was thinking of this amp by JBL...

Its 90Wx2 at 2 ohms btw

I want to keep the amp and back speaker cost under 200 btw

Do the "channels" have anything to do with the left/right imaging you get in music? or is it just two outputs of power?
channels = L and R. they also let the power flow to your speakers from the amp

Originally posted by more_spl

channels = L and R. they also let the power flow to your speakers from the amp
well then that *****, i guess.

cause then i'd have to have two completely different speakers feeding off of the same line of power. and that i assume is not good?

well if you hook up the 2 left speakers to the left chan, and 2 right speakers to right chan, you'll get proper imaging in your sound. just wire the 2 L speakers together, and the two R speakers, and attach them

Originally posted by more_spl well if you hook up the 2 left speakers to the left chan, and 2 right speakers to right chan, you'll get proper imaging in your sound. just wire the 2 L speakers together, and the two R speakers, and attach them
thats what i thought, but wouldn't two completely different speakers drawing off of the same source be bad?

wouldn't one try o take precedence over the other?

well are you supposed to run 4 amps to 4 speakers? nope. the L and R channels from the amp will sort it out before it hits the speaker

nope... shouldnt...

only thing is, you will lose your front/back fading..

as your amp will now recognize both right speakers as teh right side, as 1 speaker, in essence, and both left the same way...

Originally posted by sexyswede  

thats what i thought, but wouldn't two completely different speakers drawing off of the same source be bad?

wouldn't one try o take precedence over the other?

It depends on the impedence of the speakers. And the capabilties of the amp pushing them. As for one taking precedence over the other. The amp doesn't know how many speakers are connected to it. Be it 1, 2 , or a billion. As long as the impedence is right. It doesn't matter. IF you turn on the lights in two rooms of your house, Does the first room go out because you turned the second one on ? Same thing. The power in your house is from a single source that everything shares. Same way with amplifiers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.