Amp Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

brett75

LA
I have the following installed:

Alpine CD player

4 Infinity 5 x 7 speakers (1 in each door)

Alpine 4 channel 75 watt amp

At louder volumes any songs with a lot of bass really

distort the speakers. I listen to a lot of rap and hip-hop

music and the bass just sounds like **** when it's turned up.

Do I just need to add a subwoofer or is the problem with the 5 x 7 speakers?

If I added a sub could I just power it from the Alpine amp - like 2 channels

for the front speakers and 2 for the sub?

I just want clear accurate bass response without distortion.

Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Most 5x7s can't play lower than 50hz. And at higher volume will have trouble with anything below 100hz. If you want cleaner sound and more bass you will need to add a subwoofer to handle the low frequencies (20-100hz).

Someone told me if I replace the Infinity 5x7'x with

5.25 in. speakers it would get much better bass response.

Is this true?

The majority of 5.25 inch speakers are designed for midrange sound. Bass will cause distortion an possibly damage these speakers at high volume.

If you must use a 5.25 inch speaker for bass, I think FOCAL makes a 5.25 inch subwoofer. Bigger is almost always better when it comes to bass.

dewd, you'r close to a VERY PERFECT SYSTEM for listening to RAP....

u'r alpine is (hopefully?) a V12?

If so, put the ***** on HP (atleast front, maybe rear you can use normal with frequenty changes) and put another *****-ass enclosed sub in your trunk..

Maybe an mtx thunder (two 12 inchers) or some infinity //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you have a bit more to expend I really advice you the 12d elite sub from PG, its mad expensive but it gives you a real good bass, heavy but with lotsa quality

I currently have one of those subs powered by my octane amplifier and this already gives me a kick-ass bass which is a good thing considering the fact that using the octane for a mono feed is simply nuts (octane = highly exotic amp.. just like reactor)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.