• Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
A

Adam182002

hello,

I see that on the back of my sony Ca-650x head unit that there is the front and rear Rca outputs. Are these for the front and rear speakers? Also, can you use the regular speaker wires comming from the head unit to run to the amp, or are the Rca's better.

thanks

adam

i have the same HU - use the rca's for better sound - use the rear rca's for the sub amps. i currently am using the HU to power the front and rear speakers and i am using the rear rca's to go to 2 MTX amps for my subs. the only reason you will use the rear rca's for the subs is for the fader. hope that helps and if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

i wanted to plug the amp into my rear 6x9 's. The MTX Audio Thunder4202 has speaker level & rCa inputs. If i use the speaker level inputs it has the sensor which turns on the amp, without having to run the wire to headuint for amp turnon. I have a chevy cavalier, and i am not looking forward to pulling apart the dash again to remove it. Is there really a big diff. in the sound from speaker level & Rca?

ALSO am i damaging the speakers by having them run of 20 or so watts, when sony reccomends 40??

thanks

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

you probably are not doing any major damage ( and definately less than just using the HU) for the rear speakers... but i have one question... why do you want the REAR speakers louder than the FRONT speakers? when you go to a concert do you face away from the stage? is the amp a 4 channel amp? if so use it to power all speakers - front and rear... it will be worth it. you are going to have to run a power wire to the amp and a ground so it may worth doing a little extra work for better sound quality. the preferred method would be the rca's but it would be ok to use the high level inputs if you dont want to go through the little bit of extra work.

I am now runnignn the 4x 6 and 6x9 off the HU. I wnat to power the 6x9, but will not be able to give the 4x5's that much power. I am thinking of puttin 5.25 or 6"s in the front door?

So am i damaging the 6x9 runnig it off the HU?

adam:rolleyes: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

dude... you are ok for now but upgrading the front speakers and then amping all four, front and rear, sounds like the best thing to do!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.