amp problems (fuses)

Participant count
  • Participant list
There's about 1 million reasons a fuse blows. You're bein pretty vague. Can you tell us what you have in your car and if you've changed anything recently? Don't forget to tell us what speakers the amp is hooked up to. There is also a possibility that the fuse is popping for a reason unrelated to the audio system.

the amp I am having a problem with Is a rockford fosgate,It Is hooked up to 2 xtant 10s, the in line fuse keeps blowing, I have had the system for about a year or more with no problems,I also have a kenwood amp hooked to my door speakers, and a couple of 6x9s,the rca cables run off my rockford fosgate amp to my kenwood amp,If the fuse Is blown,and keeps on blowing,how do I have power to the other speakers?????, through this amp????

Originally posted by jerzee devil the amp I am having a problem with Is a rockford fosgate,It Is hooked up to 2 xtant 10s, the in line fuse keeps blowing, I have had the system for about a year or more with no problems,I also have a kenwood amp hooked to my door speakers, and a couple of 6x9s,the rca cables run off my rockford fosgate amp to my kenwood amp,If the fuse Is blown,and keeps on blowing,how do I have power to the other speakers?????, through this amp????
In line fuse where? On the amp? On a fuse/ power distribution block in the rear? Under the hood? The other amp is still running after the fuse blows? Again there is still much here you are not being specific about. It will help more so if you can tell the whole power run from battery to fuse to distribution block to amps to ground and so on so forth...... At first look here tho I would say it is possible your ground is loose on the amp or is shorting out where it should not be, but again it is hard to determine without more detail or actually seeing the problem here. Keep in mind you are trying to tell someone whom is not seeing it directly how to see it and then troubleshoot it. Give us some detail.

the fuse that keeps blowing Is under the hood coming off my positive battery terminal.I have had the system for over a year now, and now I cant keep a fuse from blowing.I did find that my ground coming off this amp was loose,so I tightened It back down thinking my problem was solved but I was wrong!!!. the rca cables that plug into the rockford fosgate go to my other amp which Is a kenwood.now If I unplug these there is no sound from my other speakers,but when i plug them back In I have sound again,If the in line fuse is blown,and keeps blowing how do I still have power to the other speakers????, could the cable from the battery to my one amp have a short????.any suggestions would help, I NEED MY SUBS BACK!!!!!!!!...................

Originally posted by jerzee devil the fuse that keeps blowing Is under the hood coming off my positive battery terminal.I have had the system for over a year now, and now I cant keep a fuse from blowing.I did find that my ground coming off this amp was loose,so I tightened It back down thinking my problem was solved but I was wrong!!!. the rca cables that plug into the rockford fosgate go to my other amp which Is a kenwood.now If I unplug these there is no sound from my other speakers,but when i plug them back In I have sound again,If the in line fuse is blown,and keeps blowing how do I still have power to the other speakers????, could the cable from the battery to my one amp have a short????.any suggestions would help, I NEED MY SUBS BACK!!!!!!!!...................
Ummmmmm How in the hell is yoru other amp still being powered if the fuse under your hood is blowing? That should be powering both amps unless you have two separate runs from the battery. The way it sounds to me is that there is a power problem somewhere beyond the fuse under the hood. Try swapping out the power wires from the kenwood to the the fosgate amp. Your problem SHOULD reverse. If it does not however there could be reason to beleive the amp is bad. Either way tho it will eliminate one thing or another. It will either tell you the power wires are ok and the amp is bad or it will tell you the amp is good and the power wire is bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.