Amp on green no audio output

MrEclipse

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nyc
Hello so I recently installed a 2 Chann amp with a dual sub box with 12” on it I have the power -ground-remote and rca from head unit to amp and rca from amp to sub box it all turns on no protect mode it’s on green but I get no sound from sub just regular speakers are with sound help please thanks

Hello so I recently installed a 2 Chann amp with a dual sub box with 12” on it I have the power -ground-remote and rca from head unit to amp and rca from amp to sub box it all turns on no protect mode it’s on green but I get no sound from sub just regular speakers are with sound help please thanks

Something in the HU settings or the amp gain is turned down.

Attachments

• 42327B9C-DA96-43C2-BA3B-8D5F4EE2D28D.jpeg
    42327B9C-DA96-43C2-BA3B-8D5F4EE2D28D.jpeg
    687.6 KB · Views: 278
Didn't you have this amp hooked up to an 8" skar not too long ago? Btw, when you said, "rca from amp to sub box". Do you mean that you are running speaker outputs to sub box, or the actual rcas?

Didn't you have this amp hooked up to an 8" skar not too long ago? Btw, when you said, "rca from amp to sub box". Do you mean that you are running speaker outputs to sub box, or the actual rcas?
This... Check your RCAs from HU to amp, and settings on the EQ in HU /Radio.RESET the HU if you need to Start from Scratch and make your adjustments/tuning adjustments

They are on I hear nothing unless I’m wrong i will check tomorrow morning
I just did a closeup of the amp, and it looks pretty beat up. Don't rule out the amp being defective. Just an observation.
Ive got an old A/B MTX amp thats been through hell all scared and battled up, and works very well.Cosmetics mean nothing to me majority of the time. Performance is my issue

Ive got an old A/B MTX amp thats been through hell all scared and battled up, and works very well.Cosmetics mean nothing to me majority of the time. Performance is my issue
That's fine. I was just responding to your request for assistance. It could have been your amp. Did you rule it out? I made an observation about the condition of your amp. Didn't mean to step on your toes. Have you found your problem? Good luck with your issue.

That's fine. I was just responding to your request for assistance. It could have been your amp. Did you rule it out? I made an observation about the condition of your amp. Didn't mean to step on your toes. Have you found your problem? Good luck with your issue.
Yes I found the problem was I had Wired it wrong but a quick fix and yea this thing bumps hard thanks again guys and sorry for the late reply essential worker here thanks again and stay safe people

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.