amp not working

RJones87
10+ year member

I recently installed a Hifonics hifi1000.1d. The amp turns on, but it wont send anything to my subs. Im assuming there is suppose to be some type of voltage coming from the speaker terminal, but they read and 0v.

Should I return the amp or is there something I can try.

need to check power at the amp ,also check the remote for a 12 volt signal and the grounds continuity .then you can check the rca's for a signal .process of elimination

Seems to be a common issue with Maxxsonic's Monoblocks, I ran into this 3-4 MB Quart DISCUS 1500.1d's and a couple of the Brutus amps that shared the same board.

I would take it back imo.

dmm put the leads on the rcas ground and power and see if you get a reading . dont plug them in .this is why i dont buy or sell maxxsonics amps .have had the issue in the past with they're amps .

You can substitute another input signal to eliminate the HU and RCA cables. Plug an iPod or MP3 player or even a portable radio into the amp's inputs instead of RCAs. You'll need an adapter to go from the headphone to dual RCA plugs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.