amp not responding

I forgot to mention the hifonics logo gets dim, but the power indicator is off as if there were no power running to the amp.

um, so you have no remote power? is there a stray wire touching the remote terminal from the positive wire? is there power feeding the cap, or the main fuse out?is the amp and cap grounded? the only things i can think of related to rcas is 1-(most likely) no ground, and it;s grounding through the rca shields, or 2- the amp has, and is set for auto audio turn on, but i don't think the amp has that feature...

um, so you have no remote power? is there a stray wire touching the remote terminal from the positive wire? is there power feeding the cap, or the main fuse out?is the amp and cap grounded? the only things i can think of related to rcas is 1-(most likely) no ground, and it;s grounding through the rca shields, or 2- the amp has, and is set for auto audio turn on, but i don't think the amp has that feature...
yes i have remote power,no stray wire from positive to the remote terminal, there is power to the cap, no main fuses out, amp and cap are grounded. RCA only work on the output

Dont stick them in the out put.. Your voltage is way to low, is that with the car running? If so you have a problem, if not you still have a problem
No when the car is running its at 13.7 or higher sometimes, IF i put the rca cables in the input nothing happens there is no power , and the Capacitor starts to drain quick, But the hifonics logo remains on and looks dim

No when the car is running its at 13.7 or higher sometimes, IF i put the rca cables in the input nothing happens there is no power , and the Capacitor starts to drain quick, But the hifonics logo remains on and looks dim
Horrible ground. The amp is actually getting a better ground through the rca's than to wherever you have it grounded. Unfortunately, once current begins to pass through to turn the amp on, the voltage drops too low. In short, you need a better ground. Don't plug the rca's in the amp output. Even if the amp came on, it couldn't play music this way.

do you think its the amp? When i touched the rca cables to the out side of the input( out side of the female ends) i got the amp to work for 2 seconds and then it went out.

Horrible ground. The amp is actually getting a better ground through the rca's than to wherever you have it grounded. Unfortunately, once current begins to pass through to turn the amp on, the voltage drops too low. In short, you need a better ground. Don't plug the rca's in the amp output. Even if the amp came on, it couldn't play music this way.
thanks! I will look into that. what do you recommend I do to better ground this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.