Amp not powering on

Participant count
  • Participant list

jochua

AZ
As stated above I have a Planet Audio 1600 watt two channel amp. i had it for a while but stopped using it because a sub went out, I just got a new sub and installed it, and installed the amp (I left all the wires in the same place) and when I turned on my car nothing. So the first thing I checked were the wires. There was power going from the battery, through the terminal, and all the way to the end of the wire, going into the amp. Then I checked the ground, the ground was being completed. Last I checked the fuses (The big fuse is obviously fine if the power is going to the end of the wire) I checked them and they were fine but I replaced them anyways and still nothing. I took my amp apart and tried looking up some troubleshooting videos but I couldn't find much for my amp or problem, and I know nothing about the amps. Is my amp screwed or can I repair it?

Did you check your source. Are the RCA cables from the headunit to the amp connected? I'm assuming that your other speakers are working? If all your wiring is correct, I suspect there is something wrong with the amp. Let us know when and how you solved the problem.

Some things that your missing need to be addressed; i.e. RCA's as huberoy123 said, remote wire connect to remote on back of HU, ground properly, just to name a few things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.