amp lights up, no power :(

Participant count
  • Participant list

psych0ticnemes1
5,000+ posts

Psych0tic Customs
Behind You
i installed my concept cc-d1200 in my friends car. worked fine for me for a year, no problems at all... installed it for him, worked great... for a day... then he was bumping, switched to a different song, and the bass went with it. The amped suddenly stopped feeding power. The subs are hooked up to a two ohm load... not stresssful at all. I tested the amp in my vehicle as well. It doesn't push power any more... He is intelligent when it comes to audio and he left the settings alone. All fuses are fine...

does anyone have any ideas???

does anyone repair amps?

Several places do amp repair. Run a search, theres a couple threads.

I had the same problem, everything looks fine, except no output. Get out your DMM, see if you get any fluctuation on the speaker terminals when you turn the gain up and down.

Thats what was suggested to me anyway.

Several places do amp repair. Run a search, theres a couple threads. I had the same problem, everything looks fine, except no output. Get out your DMM, see if you get any fluctuation on the speaker terminals when you turn the gain up and down.

Thats what was suggested to me anyway.
what would this accomplish?

how much did you pay to get it repaired?

what would this accomplish?
how much did you pay to get it repaired?

Not the same amp, your price might be very different.

Only way to know how much its going to be is to get in touch with the different companies that do it.

Id probably try to ask the manufacturer first.

Ill find the thread I had, and let you know what the point of testing the speaker terminals with a multimeter is.

alright i did some searching and read that if it lights up but doesn't power, normally means the rcas need to be replaced = 50-60 bucks, is this accurate?

Testing the speaker outputs tells you if the power supply is bad, according to what Im told.

Have you opened it up yet, to see if anything looks toasty?

Testing the speaker outputs tells you if the power supply is bad, according to what Im told.
Have you opened it up yet, to see if anything looks toasty?
nope, looks like it needs a spcial kind of tool... or allen wrench.. lol

will take pics and post it sunday

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.