Amp light on, but no sound!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Harry3

Hey

I just took my amp out to install it on some wood Id prepared to stop it sliding around. I stress that everything was working absolutely fine before this, it was just powering 2 6x9s on the parcel shelf (no I'm not a mega car audio enthusiast, just wanted some more oomph really, I know what most people think about parcel shelf installations!!). Anyway, put the wood in, wired the amp back up, no sound from the 6x9s. The door speakers are working fine, and the amps power light came on, but nothing. Iv checked all the connections and simply cannot see the reason why its not working now.

Any suggestions? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks in advance

nope and nope, Iv wired this amp many times before and checked the wiring about 6 times already. I have also tried another amp and still no sound, and I know for sure that amp works.

One thing though, while connecting the power cable, the screwdriver touched the amp and it sparked and smoked slightly... could that have done any damage inside the amp?

Do you have sound coming through the RCA'S?

Did you connect the speakers to the correct amp channel?

Check your ground wire, now that the amp is isolated by the wood from the metal could bring out bad ground.

Pictures would help!

One thing though, while connecting the power cable, the screwdriver touched the amp and it sparked and smoked slightly... could that have done any damage inside the amp?

Yep

ALWAYS remove the fuse before doing any work to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.