Amp kit question

Participant count
  • Participant list

SQtoyota

Already posted on diy, but thought id ask here also

when i got my system installed, I didn't check to see what gauge they were doing. i have a jx1000/1 running a 12 w6v3 and a jx400/4d and the amp kit they installed was 2x XD-ACS30 Core Amplifier Connection Kit - JL Audio.

Only one fuse, they but a 60 instead of the 30 it came with

im planning on getting a new battery and doing the big 3, so thats when i saw the wires were pretty small.

would be a bit mad if they undersized it :/ unless theres a reason but i dont see why.

Id guess i have a 15' run

seems fine for the 400 though i believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
look up the gauge/awg wire size of the amp kit and whether its OFC or CCA, determine the total distance of the run... pos to amp, AND amp neg to grounding point, and grounding point to battery. go look up wire ampacity charts, there's your answer.

I looked for a long time to see the specs of the amp kit but found nothing or i would already have done what you said. Was goping somebody knowledgeable about jl audio who may know. Not sure why they dont give specs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.