Amp keeps blowing fuse

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chevy Andretti

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nc
I have a orion D class 2500watt amp an 2 kicker 12s. My amp blows fuse when volume goes past 20. It only blows fuse on amp an not fuse on power wire. If it matters its ran off of it's own battery in trunk. Never had this problem until I put battery in trunk

Make sure that you don't have any wires touching anything. It sounds maybe like electricity is running through the amp case maybe, like a power wire is touching the amp or something. I'm not sure, but I would look for something like that. Your amp could always be bad, but if you just moved stuff around, I would really check the power wiring and the ground to make sure nothing is shorting out on or around the amp.

The fuses blow when there's too much current flowing through them. You need to find out why that's the case. Sounds like short. You may check your subs as well. IIRC, I've seen blown subs burn amp fuses left and right. Measure the ohms of every voice coil independently, see if any of them are far away from the what they're advertised to be.

I've witness odd situations with amps trying to power blown subs. We had a sub with only 1 blown voice coil, it was 2 Q power 15's and an audiopipe 1500, iirc. The one blown voice coil caused the amp to lose control of the subs, and the subs bottomed out at very low volume. They thought I messed the box up, but it was a blown sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...