amp issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

eenyuheye8o8
10+ year member

I got a clif designs 4800.1 and I got it all wired up and hooked up and when I closed the trunk lid it made a loud thump. Then I looked again and nothing was touching and stuff. Then tapped right above the logo and it was thump off the yin yang. I was wondering if I open it up is there should I should look for in regards of my problem. Like something grounding out? I've tapped other locations of the amp and nothing happens only when I tap right above the logo. And also I've played it at low volumes to maybe about 14 on my pioneer 4500 and it sounds good. But when the bass hits hard it starts thumping like someone's having a seizure. And my door speakers start crackling. So I'm thinking it has to deal with something vibrating the amp and making it do that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.