Amp issue or something else?

Participant count
  • Participant list

victorcarreon201

CarAudio.com Newbie
Cheney
Hey guys! New here. Was really hoping to get some help as I am doing this solo. I recently bought a 2014 ford escape. Didnt realize it has an aftermarket sub. Didnt come with amps though. The setup looks to be needing a 4 channel amp for the speakers and a monoblock amp for the the 2 12 inch pheonix gold subs. This car already had the converters installed I was finally able to buy a used kicker 4 channel 350 watt amp and installed it. After installing it all speakers were working fine until I turned up the volume. After that I would hear this loud random static interference and turning up or down the volume wouldn't change the noises coming out of the speakers the only way the noises stopped was until the car was completely off ~30sec. What could be causing this static noise? Faulty amp ? Thank you.

It could be a faulty amp. My daughter experienced the same issue in her car, and it is a bad amp. Did you set up the amp correctly? Is your gain turned up too high? Are the power and ground good? The easiest way to test is to try another amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.