Amp is in protect. (AutoTek MM4000.1D)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ecks

Hello fellow Bassheads. Question, My amp goes into protect.I unhooked the sub (wires didnt touch, and car was off) a few days later I open the trunk and notice that the protect light was on. Any idea of how or why this happened? I tried a few things to see if amp would "reset" (unhook RCAs, unhook amp from power for a few days) but still in Protect. Anything else I can try? Checked all wiring in my car and all is good. No blown fuses and voltage still the same as when it was playing. Opened the amp and nothing looks out of the ordinary. What can I check for and what tools would I need? Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone can recommend a repair shop close to San Bernardino CA. I have a shop but its in Ventura CO and i would like to see if its a quick fix before i ship it and pay to get it fixed.

Amp is AutoTek MM4000.1d

TIA.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.