Amp installation problem.

Daniel
10+ year member

Caraudio.com
SFLA
I am going to install my system for the first time by myself soon, and i have two blaupunkt pcwi1200, 12" subs and one jbl 600.1. i was wondering if i needed certain fuses, or a farad cap, and i was also wondering what gauge wire i need from the amp to the battery and what gauge wire i need from subs to amp. do i need a distribution block or anything like that?

thanks

I am going to install my system for the first time by myself soon, and i have two blaupunkt pcwi1200, 12" subs and one jbl 600.1. i was wondering if i needed certain fuses, or a farad cap, and i was also wondering what gauge wire i need from the amp to the battery and what gauge wire i need from subs to amp. do i need a distribution block or anything like that?

If your only running one small amp, you should be fine without a farad cap.

For what size wire, you could go with 8 gauge or 4 gauge.

8-This is what size your amp wants connected to it...its all you really need. However, if you upgrade in the futur you might need bigger wire such as...

4-If you get this size, then you will need a distribution block. This is becasue your amp cant take that big of a wire. However, this leaves you open for exspantion in the futur. All youd have to do is run a very short wire from the block to the new amp instead of running new wire from your battery. 4ga is also a little more exspsensive.

As for fuses...I have a 60 amp fuse on my 4 gauge wire...I havnt blow a fuse yet so I quess it works

Hope that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.