Amp installation (blowing fuses)

Participant count
  • Participant list

BulldogSr04
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am in the process of installing a new kicker 300.4 and I have everything wired to my speakers and I hooked up my power and my ground and at first i didnt have any power. So I changed the ground and mounted it better then I changed the adapter for the battery. When i touched the adapter to the battery it blew both of the fuses. So i d/c the power to the amp and put new fuses in and hooked up the adapter to the battery. Well i put it back in the slot to hook it up and blew both of the new fuses. What should I do to finish hooking it up and save me from buying new fuses or blowing the amp.

thanks

Check your speaker wires for a short circuit. And make sure the power and ground wires are connected to the right terminals and not touching each other. If thats not it, than there is a short inside the amp and it will need to be repaired. Using a larger fuse than recommended by kicker may void the warranty and ruin the amp.

Originally posted by indosia Check your speaker wires for a short circuit. And make sure the power and ground wires are connected to the right terminals and not touching each other. If thats not it, than there is a short inside the amp and it will need to be repaired. Using a larger fuse than recommended by kicker may void the warranty and ruin the amp.
I agree

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.