Amp in protection mode.. Checked everything obvious

Participant count
  • Participant list

miker
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Wayzata, MN
I got to work this morning and turned my engine off, then quickly turned just the accessory power on to continue listening to the radio.

I thought I heard several "POP"s and smelled something burning.

Turns out something happened on the Sub channel, as my "front" channel is working just fine.

I checked all the obvious things, the sub woofer is still in working order, the wiring was correct, fuses, unplugged and checked etc.

I took a few picture of the inside of my amp, looks like something burned inside of it, but I have no idea what..

This first image is the covering, and the burnt part is the area directly over the row of black pieces at the bottom of the second picture.

DSC_01081_zpsa2240723.jpg

DSC_01061_zpsc3f10cce.jpg

I can't tell from the picture what exactly the black things are but it looks and sounds like your amp is toast. I hope it has a warranty, best of luck to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.