Amp Help

As to SMS's pricing on enclosures, just ask for a quote. Trust me, I think you'll be pleased with the answer. He is definitely worth it and he's really not expensive.
Thanks man, can you explain the difference and sound from SQ, SQL, and SPL?

Guys one thing I noticed is the PPI amps are not fan cooled. Could this be a bad thing?
For instance this amp....

Precision Power PPI P1000.1 (p10001) Monoblock Phantom Car Amplifier

What about this amp guys? Good quality and performance?
These are good amplifiers for the money. There is a loong discussion dedicated to them at DIYMA (51 pages last I checked). What you need to know about them is that they're very small, efficient (run cool), and do their rated power. In fact, it is mentioned on that discussion by Grizz Archer (then PPI insider) that P1000.1 was underrated by an accident and they didn't bother changing the rating because literature was already printed. The real rating should be close to 600/1000/1200watts at 4/2/1ohms. I used to power my subwoofer with two bridged channels of PPI P900.4, and it never got hot even during Texas's hottest months. Later I swapped my P900.4 for a P1000.1 with another forum member, since I realized that I didn't need the other two channels. Now I power a 4ohm 350watt Infinity Kappa subwoofer with a 600watt mono block, LOL.

Actually, the Soundstream TN amplifiers are the same amplifier inside as the PPI Phantom amplifiers (it's the same company that makes them). If you like black color, buy PPI. If you like white case, buy Soundstream.

These are good amplifiers for the money. There is a loong discussion dedicated to them at DIYMA (51 pages last I checked). What you need to know about them is that they're very small, efficient (run cool), and do their rated power. In fact, it is mentioned on that discussion by Grizz Archer (then PPI insider) that P1000.1 was underrated by an accident and they didn't bother changing the rating because literature was already printed. The real rating should be close to 600/1000/1200watts at 4/2/1ohms. I used to power my subwoofer with two bridged channels of PPI P900.4, and it never got hot even during Texas's hottest months. Later I swapped my P900.4 for a P1000.1 with another forum member, since I realized that I didn't need the other two channels. Now I power a 4ohm 350watt Infinity Kappa subwoofer with a 600watt mono block, LOL.
Actually, the Soundstream TN amplifiers are the same amplifier inside as the PPI Phantom amplifiers (it's the same company that makes them). If you like black color, buy PPI. If you like white case, buy Soundstream.
awesome thank you! So basically the same platform amps just different colors? And do amps produce SQ?

What about cadence amps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.