Amp HELP!

flatlandin_man2
10+ year member

AJ
OK, right now i have a crappy 400 watt 4 channel optimus amp, it does the job for now until i upgrade. But anyways, right now my lights do not dimm at all when the bass hits, but the light on the amp does when it hits lower notes, would a cap help that and make the amp light not dimm?? Also would it make the bass hit harder and sound clearer??

One more question, I am looking for a new amp, i have 200$ to spend and want to get something around 1000 to 2000watts, 2 channel. I was thinking about getting a Kenwood or maybe a Legacy amp, if u have any other amp suggetions please tell me??

thanxz.

PS. Oh yeah, i will be running 2 Power Acoustic FUBR 12" Subs, 1800 watts peak, dual 2 ohm voice coils.

you will probably have to up ur budget a little. dont even think about gettin legacy or something of that nature....waste of time and money. but, if you only have that much to spend, look at profile amps. they are the best of the "cheap ones" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Actually Profile does make a really powerfull amp. They have 1200 watt amps in both the California and Clarus series of amps. And I dont care what anyone says Profile is not a cheap company. They do an excellent job at what they do, they just dont have as many features and looks like other more name brand companies. Profile is a very excellent choice if you are on a budget. The Profile California 1200SX is only 214 here------------------->http://etronics.resultspage.com/display.php?p=Q&ts=dynamic&w=Profile+1200sx

That would be a really good choice if you need reliable power, at a dont break the bank budget;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.