Amp help for American Bass Elite Series 12" Woofer 1200 RMS 2400 Peak 3 VC / E1244 /

DrewPWener

CarAudio.com Newbie
May 25, 2019

pearsth

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 27, 2019
Chicago
I have the same question as the OP. My teenage son just wants to blast his rap and picked out this sub. We will be adding to the stock stereo in a 1995 Land Rover Discovery in a Rockville 2.6 cubic foot box. Not looking to spend much, just get something that will work and not burn up.

Thanks

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
I have the same question as the OP. My teenage son just wants to blast his rap and picked out this sub. We will be adding to the stock stereo in a 1995 Land Rover Discovery in a Rockville 2.6 cubic foot box. Not looking to spend much, just get something that will work and not burn up.

Thanks
Big ups to you on letting your kid listen to his loud ass rap music with all that bass. However, two of those subs will take a good amount of electrical and those defenders only have 100 amp factory alternators. I would grab two of these instead of you’re going to stay on that brand

This amp would be plenty for relatively factory electrical. It would be enough for one elite as well. Do the big 3 and put an agm under the hood

danielbea122

CarAudio.com VIP
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
Big ups to you on letting your kid listen to his loud ass rap music with all that bass. However, two of those subs will take a good amount of electrical and those defenders only have 100 amp factory alternators. I would grab two of these instead of you’re going to stay on that brand

This amp would be plenty for relatively factory electrical. It would be enough for one elite as well. Do the big 3 and put an agm under the hood

Boring lol

danielbea122

CarAudio.com VIP
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
Stolen straight from afro motherfukin m-a-n...I was gonna good advice but then I got high

3000 watts is not for a dad who want to drop bass in his kid’s old whip
Well it is a Land Rover I bet it has a decent size alternator

That one idiot is running a md8000 on stock electrical so anything is possible LMFAO (sarcasm)

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
Well it is a Land Rover I bet it has a decent size alternator

That one idiot is running a md8000 on stock electrical so anything is possible LMFAO (sarcasm)
Haha I looked, it’s a 100 amps, which is shocking but not really factoring its a 1995. Cars then had like no electronics.

Haha, 8000watts on stock. That’s the best

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
Idk about the elite series for just $10-$15 more you can get a xfl or xr series American bass. I’d look at the XD series before the elite

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
DD SS1B or M80 (same amp). Find one used if you can ($150-$175). 900 clean watts at 1 ohm. XD1222 would be a good choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds