Amp going into protection mode??

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I’m good on the voltage?

Weird thing is, it didn’t shut off driving home tonight. I was not playing it at high volume though. I am running 0 gauge wire to it with the proper fuse.
If you are running that amp in the 12.9v on a low note.. You shouldnt be having any major issues unless you are clipping the crap out your set up and running it pretty hard constantly.

If you are running that amp in the 12.9v on a low note.. You shouldnt be having any major issues unless you are clipping the crap out your set up and running it pretty hard constantly.
That’s what doesn’t make sense to me. The voltage only dropped down that far once. It played loud and fine for my thirty minute commute this morning. It was only 70 outside. Then played loud for about twenty minutes on my way home today and shut off. It was about 82 outside. So, I am thinking it is a heat issue and the fan is not staying on. I will have a chance to look at it and maybe take it out this weekend.

I’m also wondering if I were to go down to an SIA 2500, would I notice a difference?

The Q is Dual 1 ohm and I’ve been pushing it with the md 3000.1 (not HD) for some time now.

That’s what doesn’t make sense to me. The voltage only dropped down that far once. It played loud and fine for my thirty minute commute this morning. It was only 70 outside. Then played loud for about twenty minutes on my way home today and shut off. It was about 82 outside. So, I am thinking it is a heat issue and the fan is not staying on. I will have a chance to look at it and maybe take it out this weekend.

I’m also wondering if I were to go down to an SIA 2500, would I notice a difference?

The Q is Dual 1 ohm and I’ve been pushing it with the md 3000.1 (not HD) for some time now.
If you are wired to 0.50 Ohms rather that at 2 ohm final load... That may be your issue. Make sure you are wired to 2 ohm final load for a DVC1 ohm sub

As I said privately you are better off with a Smart Taramps then those SIA from my experience with a SIA. Plus if it is the fan those are replaceable easy enough and as I said Pop sent his in for repair to a place. Would be cheaper then buying something new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...