amp goes to protection mode help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Casey Harmon
10+ year member

New York
i bought a new amp it is a db pd 2000.1 and i have a cap nothing big my i can only go up to 25 volume intill it cuts out and goes to protection mode under 25 it works great so its not the amp i am thinking because it is a big amp its not getting enough power or needs a better ground but i have the best ground i can find on my car so is there anything i can do

not doing anything under the hood

like a bigger cap i have 8 g wire but i dont think bigger would do a big diffrence

so any ideas

thanks

Run some 4g down the side of the car and try it. Thats not a tiny amp. Check your inline fuse to. Take it out I ve had this happen plenty of times. Most of the times its the ground. I remember one of my friends calling me and asking if he can stop by for a second to check whats going on with his car. Long story short I checked his inline fuse it was fine... 20 mins later I went back to the fuse and actually took it out and it was all melted looked fine from above though. Doubt that's you cause just throwing it out there.

there is nothing wrong with the fuse i will upgrade to 4g wire and see about the big 3 but i have a 2f cap will getting a 20f or 40f or some size cap do any change to have the power given to the amp

i will try taking the cap off but turning the amp down would be pointless because i want to use it's full potental im looking for ways that wont be too much to add power

i turned down the bass boost and the imput level and i got the volume to 38 with out turning off maybe with a little fine tuning i can get it louder but i think im going to have to do the 0g big 3 and 4g wire to my amp i was also thinking my car battery is good but is original from 2003 so how much diffrence would a yellow or red top do whats the best to run my truck and system

when i get it all done should i keep my cap or no

0 will not fit i think and i dont want to go out and buy all the things i need to find out it will not fit and i know 4g will hide fine

i go to college and we have a audio bass of and i want to reach good numbers i know with my system it can be done

with 2000 watt amp and 2 12 type r's i know i can get good numbers

ya i dont think im going that far into changing any thing like that i found some places around me going to see how much they will charge to do the big 3 up grade but my system never smokes it has been on for 1hr plus trips never had and problem or anything i want a daily system that gets good numbers not one thats one blast then done

ya i dont think im going that far into changing any thing like that i found some places around me going to see how much they will charge to do the big 3 up grade but my system never smokes it has been on for 1hr plus trips never had and problem or anything i want a daily system that gets good numbers not one thats one blast then done
Haha OK..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.