Amp goes into protection...HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

PNILLZ

I have an okur 1000.1 amp from db drive and 2 600w db drive subs, I've had this setup for about 2 1/2 yrs and had it in 2 different cars. The only thing I've replaced is the fuse under the hood connected to the battery, that was last year and when I changed cars I got all new wiring. Now about 3 weeks ago my amp went protection mode. The next day it played but when I started turning it up, it went back into protection mode. I checked all the wires and fed in fresh wiring, tightened everything and checked both the fuses in the amp. It played for a little longer with the volume up, but still eventually went into protection mode. I took the subs out of the car and just let the amp play off the speakers and it stayed on ever since. idk what the problem is the subs are only 300w rms a piece and I have a 1000w amp. Can anyone lend some knowledge if they either, have, had or witnessed this situation.

Possible bad ground. Check wiring to subs make sure they don't have any frays and they didn't come loose inside the box. What size power and ground wire are you running on it?

I have an okur 1000.1 amp from db drive and 2 600w db drive subs, I've had this setup for about 2 1/2 yrs and had it in 2 different cars. The only thing I've replaced is the fuse under the hood connected to the battery, that was last year and when I changed cars I got all new wiring. Now about 3 weeks ago my amp went protection mode. The next day it played but when I started turning it up, it went back into protection mode. I checked all the wires and fed in fresh wiring, tightened everything and checked both the fuses in the amp. It played for a little longer with the volume up, but still eventually went into protection mode. I took the subs out of the car and just let the amp play off the speakers and it stayed on ever since. idk what the problem is the subs are only 300w rms a piece and I have a 1000w amp. Can anyone lend some knowledge if they either, have, had or witnessed this situation.
Believe it or not a blown sub or close to burning sub can also cause this. I only know this because it happened to 2 different friends. Otherwise maybe your impedance is too low.

Believe it or not a blown sub or close to burning sub can also cause this. I only know this because it happened to 2 different friends. Otherwise maybe your impedance is too low.
More than likely he has a partially damaged speaker. If one of the coils is bad it will send a weird impedance to the amp but will still play at low volume. I would pull the speakers out and measure impedance on all coils.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.