Amp gain problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

jt73

Newbie and need advice bad. I have a kenwood x450-4 and my B side has correct voltage at gain = 20.0v, but my A side I set gain at 10.9v using Left terminals but right terminals are reading a little over 20.0v.I reset my headunit and also would appreciate advice on what I should do as far as crossovers. Thanks for any and all help. The HU is a prs80.

Are you using a mono test tone to test the gain levels? There is a separate option in the 80prs called "Audio Reset" I believe, give that a try. Unless that is the reset you are talking about but I think there are 2 different ones. Otherwise check the levels in the head unit. When I tried an auto EQ/TA it changed the channel levels itself.

So three channels can reach 20VAC output but one has only 10.9VAC output given the same input? Where is the input selector switch? If set to A only then I'd suspect a bad amp output. Experimenting with the input switch and configuration will help determine if the issue is on the input side of the amp or if the rca cables or HU output is suspect. Confirm if you have 4ch rca or 2ch.

d792bc123017e208612578a358779fc3.jpg

Rich V.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.