AMP Fries Fuses Every Time... Help me please?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tigz

Every time I start up my car, my fuses in my amp blow....

All my wiring is fine, its definitely not my capacitor, and my Level, LPF, and Bass Boost knobs are all the way to the left (OFF).

Anyone know what the problem might be? This is a new install and i've never had this problem before...

All I hear is BUMP BUMP as each fuse blows... then the amp automatically shuts off... please help i've replaced the fuses a few times now...

start the car with the HU in the off position so that the amp does not turn on. once the car is running turn on the ehad unit and see if pops fuses then.

is your remote wire run from HU or is it from some other source

does the amp pop the fuses whether the amp is on or not

if the amp pops fuses only when the HU comes on or 12v is put on the remote wire check your remote wire to make certian it is not grounded out

this happened to me with my RF amp, and it turned out that i had blown the amp from too little power to the amp. But anyways my amp was putting out DC (direct Current) and thats why it was blowing fuses everytime the amp turned on. I blew out the mosfets on the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.