Amp for sa 12

Sheep

Indiana
I decided on getting a sundown sa 12. I've heard they are underrated. I was looking at the

Hifonics brx1400.1D Brutus

I've heard good and bad things about this amp. Was just wondering opinions from you guys. I planned on getting the D4 sub and wiring it 2 ohms. Amps says it puts out 900 at 2 ohms. how true are their ratings? If anyone has any other

Also just saw this hifonics x1500.1D rated at 1100 rms at 2 ohms. Would that be too much or is it overrated?

If I were you, I would check the classifieds on here, you will do much better. But yes, either one of those amps will 'work'. Those subs can take almost twice rated, but it must be clean power, the power from those amps are not so clean.

Get the dual 2 and a SQ750. It's not that they are overrated, any good speaker can take double power considering playing music you are rarely seeing rated power from the amp. They are tested on sine waves. You don't listen to sine waves.

Get the dual 2 and a SQ750. It's not that they are overrated, any good speaker can take double power considering playing music you are rarely seeing rated power from the amp. They are tested on sine waves. You don't listen to sine waves.
So what about the sq750 compared to the vfl 100.1?

That's about the only reason to if you have room to spare. It's not much larger. Note upgrading will require a aftermarket alternator on most cars.
Upgrading from something bigger than the sa 12 will require a new alt? Or the sa 12 will require a new alt?

The American Bass VFL 26801d is a little baddass also for the monies. I installed one in my neighbors 2007 chevy x-cab on a pair of XFL 10s with big 3 and AGM battery (2nd will be installed soon/recommended) and she is impressive.He has taken those subs out temp,and running an Audio Technix Strato12 in a ported chamber and she does very nice atm also,,put a ABass dvc 2ohm XFL 12 in a ported @34 htz @2.0 and slamms nicely.Nice little amp for the money/impressive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.