Amp for DD loaded enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fastfive09
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a Digital Designs DDLE310 loaded enclosure thats rated for 250w at 4ohms.

image1291131062Main.jpg

I have heard these can take quite a bit more power than that.

Any reccomendations on how many watts to give it? 400watts or less?

I have also been out of the amplifier game for a while so im not sure which brands are still on top of their game.

Amp MUST be brand new, ive been looking through onlinecarstereo, woofersetc, and sonicelectronic but there are so many choices.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I would stay around the 300-350rms any more then that and that driver will start to fail. Many options out there for that kind of power though.

I would be best off with a 2 channel bridged to 4ohms correct?

I know its rather broad but any reccomendations? trying to stay well under $200 if possible.

A 2ch amp is much easier to find then a mono 4 ohm amp is, and they are typically cheaper.

To be honest, as long as you don't buy something horribly cheap you will be fine and should do fairly well.

Yeah it just makes it more difficult that there is so much boss, legacy, lanzar, pyle, and other crap to sift through.

Are planet audio and new soundstream or cadence amps any good?

I'm wondering if I should get a more powerful one than that? I feel like it could handle more than 280 watts. It also says its rated at 360 watts@14.4V

Which rating applies to me?

Any other opinions or suggestions?

I'm tempted to pick up a Hifonics amp..

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, im looking to spend around $250 and future upgrade to something that beefy is unlikely.

Looking into the ZX250.2 by Kicker though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.