amp for alpine type-r's

Hey, they are about 300 RMS a piece, so you should look for somethign atleast 500 RMS if you want to really pound.

I am running a 1200 watt RMS amp on my 2 R 12's and they are pretty sick.

It depends on what impediance your subs are, if they are dual 2 ohm voice colis then you can run them at 4 ohms each, then down to 2 ohms final load, and alpine makes some decent amps that run at 2 ohms stable. so does rockfordfosgate.

if you have the dual 4 ohm voice coils, like me, then you can run at 4 or 1 ohm, so there are lots of good amps for that.

Those subs take plenty of power like boolean said, you could send them 600 without a problem,but since they are ported you may want to stay around 500. Diamond amps are nice, but also expensive, so if you have the money go ahead and get one. If you are on a serious budget a JBL 1200.1 would work, or a Hifonics Brutus BX1000D, but as far as higherquality goes the sky is the limit.

-Jason

JBL 1200 is too much power for them. unless u hook it up to 4 ohms but that would be a waste just get a JBL 600.1. Or the Hifonics 1000d would be good i would send the Type R's no more than 500 watts.

well how big is ur ported box? me personally would get the hifonics 1000bx and wire it at 1 ohm. keep the gain down just alittle and send ur subs around 400 watts each. they'll handle it fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.