Amp for [2 10" Kicker CVRs + speakers] ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

omnipseudo
10+ year member

.4Wheelin Sound Addict
I HAVE a Boss 700w 2chan/2ohm stable amp powering just my 2 10" Kicker CVRs in a sealed QLogic box.

I WANT a new amp to give these good, clean power and maybe to also power my 4 speakers. One amp would be nice as I drive a 2000 Wrangler and dont have alot of room to mount/stash 2 amps. (The boss is currently under the rear seat). I have 2 pairs of speakers, Boston 5.25" in the rollbar. As usual, Boston isnt very detailed about the handling capabilities...and then 2 4x6 alpine speakers in the dash, which run at 20w rms and 80w peak...If at all possible, Id like to get an amp with both high and low outputs to save space. The kickers are DVC @ 2ohms and 350w peak. Im not too informed about amps, so any help would be greatly appriciated. Also, Im going to be adding some tweeters up front soon, but i figured I could just run those off the HU (sony xplode) cuz they dont use much power.

My system is focused more on SQ than SPL, obviously, so a nice, clean amp would be great. Price range doesnt really matter, just gimme options! And yes, I have read the sticky //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you have a good system there. I would look at our Kicker KX700.5...it's a five channel amp, enought to power the fronts with bult in crossovers and bassboost, and then a class D mono amp out the rear. Now it's only 400+ watts to the rear, but more than enought for the VR's. It has a remote gain for the sub part of the amp as well. All tuning can be done form the top of the amp for easy front stage modifications.

To see/read more about it, go to our website at http://www.kicker.com and check it out.

Hope this helps.

Cool - Looking into it, and the only thing I have a question about would be powering my subs. Like I said, I dont know much about amps yet, but would 400watts be enough to power as much/more than my current Boss 700w 2 chan amp?

I have a brand new SoundStream Reference 5-channel Amp, new in the box with a 1yr warranty for $325. Its rated to push 700rms Here are the Specs:

4 ohms power output: 50 watts x 4 + 150 watts x 1

2 ohms power output: 100 watts x 4 + 300 watts x 1

Bridged power output (4 ohms): 200 watts x 2 + 300 watts x 1

If your interested contact me.

Cool - Looking into it, and the only thing I have a question about would be powering my subs. Like I said, I dont know much about amps yet, but would 400watts be enough to power as much/more than my current Boss 700w 2 chan amp?
I hate to bash product names, sorta a guideline of mine, but I think you'll hear a BIG difference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lol I know what you're saying. Mainly the reason I want to get a new amp...Cuz the rest of my stuff is fairly nice, and I always hate having to say "I have a ...er...*cough*Boss*cough* amp" :p - And yeah, Ive had my subs put into a friends car w/ a rockford fosgate amp @1500w max and it sounded much louder and cleaner (if that's possible). The Kicker looks good now, any other opinions for/against this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.